Wednesday, July 16, 2008

OK... getting down to business

I leave for the Bahamas the 27th of August. That is in 42 days. Hard to believe. I found out a few months ago that I am allotted 250 minutes of internet for the entire 3.5 month journey. That is approximately 1 hour a month for those of you trying to figure that out (around 70 minutes/month). Seeing as I will probably need that for my classes, I will not be able to keep in contact very much while I am away. I will continue to update my blog once a week, and I will read any and all comments made on it. I would LOVE to have people leave comments just telling me how they are doing, but do realize that other people can and will be reading those. Unfortunately I will not be able to promise anyone private communication for the next 4 months. But I would LOVE to be updated on how you are in 'comments'.

If you would like to write letters (no expectation of this WHAT SO EVER) I am listing some info websites below that explain how to do that. You would HAVE to send letters via Airmail (I think that has to be expensive) and they say to expect the letter to take 2 weeks to arrive to each port. That is weird because sometimes that means if I get a letter, that you sent it when I was 2 countries away from the port... by weird, I meant AWESOME.

I'm sorry this is so business like. Here goes:

letter info: http://www.semesteratsea.org/voyages/fall-2008/fall-2008-staying-in-touch.php

my itinerary: http://www.semesteratsea.org/voyages/fall-2008/itinerary.php

So, while I'm dancing in Brazil, Camping in the desert in Namibia, Rafting and Camping in S. Africa, living in a Dalit Villiage in India, spending a few days in a villiage in Ha Noi Viet Nam, going on a night safari in Malaysia, listening to lectures in Hong Kong and Beijing, Hiking through Mt. Hiei and Mt. Rokko and visiting Hiroshima all in Japan, Rafting in Costa Rica... or just looking to love the people I'm around (students and indigenous people)... know that you are loved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!:)
But as you are doing all of that, please know that you are missed so much and extremely loved as well. I hope to talk to you soon!
Much love.

Cheryl Sukut said...

Hi Jess! I'm just testing how this works. I'm technically challenged you know.

I just wanted to tell you how excited I am that you are getting to go on this trip. You are going to experience things and meet people that will probably change your life forever. I'm extremely envious. When we went to Antigua, I loved how that trip made me completely appreciate everything you described to me. It was amazing. This will be 50 times that, I'm sure. Drink it all in and plan on spending an entire weekend with me going over pictures and talking about each and every minute you were gone. I don't want to miss anything.

Take care and be careful. And never forget how much you are cared for. I'm just so thrilled for you.

Love you with all my heart,
Mom